. Casey it's not just the $140.00 every two years. (Although the cam locks are a lot more money) it's the other BS that goes with it. The locking trans dip stick the SFI roll bar padding, the engine diaper, the increase cost of chassis certifications, then you get some putz inspector who passed your car two years ago but now same car is not legal. It's always something with NHRA.
Then add that to the increased entry fees and the cuts in pay out. A lot of racers are either saying the hell with it or finding different venues.

I do think the economy has played a big part; it’s not just Drag Racing that has taken a hit. I’ve seen it at dirt tracks also. If you watched any NASCAR this year you see a lot of empty seats, and teams who have dropped out. People have prioritized and racing is not on top.

There have been a few mentions of Beaver Springs. I have been there for the Friday night races, he packs the place. 5 dollar entry and win a pizza and a trophy. The Racers are happy, the fans are happy and Bob makes money.

Bill Bader at Norwalk two years ago had a race and the gate fee was FREE. There was so many people there they had to close down RT 18 and RT 20 coming into the place.

Steve has mentioned the Nostalgia Races... He's right. We were at Quaker City this past Sunday, although it ended up being canceled because of water seeping through the cracks, they had an awesome turn out for there first Nostalgia Classic. The reason is this, Adults - $10.00, Kids 11-15 $5.00, Adults 65+ $5.00 and Kids 10 and under Free. So a family of 4 can see Funny Cars, Dragsters, Gassers and Super Stockers for under $40.00.
You go to the Nostalgia Nationals at Beaver Springs; on Sunday it's standing room only. And in both cases there were families there, Kids, Teenagers, and kids in there 20's.
The tracks need to start thinking outside the box. They need to give the racers a good track that hooks, keep the entry reasonable and the pay out reasonable and the racers will come. And if they keep the gate fees reasonable the fans along with the racers families will come also.
And alog with that the future racers of the sport will be born