In the past I ran NHRA/IHRA points for the season at local tracks knowing that I couldn't go to the bracket finals at the year's end due to work conflicts. Over time I stopped joining points and ran where I wanted when I wanted. That was more fun to me. This year I am running in the Friday points season at Beaver Springs. The cost is much less and the payout is also much less but it is truely a lot of fun and everybody is really friendly and seems to get along well. There are about 8 or 9 classes on Fridays and all the classes have four to six rounds in eliminations. The stands have more people in them on Fridays compared to the Sunday shows even though they are both bracket races. The bonus to me is there is the "PRO" tree being used with a bracket format so redlights are not a problem and I am very good on the pro tree. An additional bonus is I have the weekend to do what I want, go race at another track, go to a car show, or take my lady friend out for an evening event. You just have to find what works for you, your family, and your wallet. BTW, I am #1 in points so far this season and being #1 is always fun!

Chris

2011 & 2012 Beaver Springs Dragway Outlaw Street Champion 2012 BSD Friday Street Racer Driver of the Year 3-time Jr. Stock Eliminator 2-time Mean Street Eliminator '69 340 Dart 1.500 60ft, 11.359et, 117.08mph