Quote:

I'm sort of quitting & I'll tell you exactly why----NHRA!
Several years ago I built a car for S/C & despite my dislike for electroncs figured it would be a good, fun class to run. Then NHRA started in with all their ridiculous (yes, that's right!) safety rules which made it almost impossible to run the car without having to watch for expiration dates on something. Couple that with the evr increasing costs of of the latest "trick of the week" in the Super classes, increased fuel & entry costs & the"@#$%^ you" attitude of track personnel & I see no reason to support NHRA. Now I'm not talking about extremes here---there's plenty of reasona NOT to require belts, shields, firesuits not to have expiration dates on them and only one reason TO have them---MONEY! NHRA has gotten greedy, self-centered & arrogant, catering only to professionals & disregarding the very people (hobby racers) that got them where they are in the first place.
As a result I prefer to favor nostalgia events, PSCA, ORSCA, that kind of stuff that that is geared more to the "little guy" & hobbyists than pros. That & street cars seem to be my latest "afflication" which are proving far more fun & a bit more affordable.........

I agree with all the posts above.
For me the poor economy/high fuel cost is the main reason to stay home. It costs twice as much just to get there and enter the race as it did 2 years ago. With the lack of disposable income I can't justify the added expense. The bang for the buck is not there.
More time with friends and especially family is not a bad thing either!!
And I will second the NHRA thing. I'm all done supporting them....