Same issues with my 71 Superbee

End of last summer i switched to a Synthetic oil and a Holley Street Dominator intake on my numbers matching 383 - Started going through oil like crazy - This spring i switched back to a convential oil like i have been using for the last ten years since the engine was gone through -Car never has burned a drop of oil since rebuild before

Anyways i discovered something when pulling the plugs and doing a compression test - All cylinders on the passenger side spark plugs had carbon buildup - Drivers side plugs were perfect and clean - Well light tan in color and looked great
All eight cylinders had compression of 135 - 150 #s

Anyways i have never used a paper gasket on the valley tin pans that i have installed for the last twenty years on big block mopars

The car idles and runs perfect - 750 rpms at idle with a Edelbrock 800 cfm carb and that used Holley Street Dominator intake - Engine .030 over / Mopar 284/484 cam and 906 heads gone through ten years ago

Was cruising to a car show this past weekend and the only time oil was noticed out the exhaust from my buds behind me was when letting off the throttle - PASSENGER SIDE EXHAUST PIPE ONLY

Time to pull the intake ??? Or head ??? Or both

Try some paper gaskets on the tin valley pan ???
Could it pull oil from the bottom of the tin pan to one head only ??? The intake bolted up fine with no vacuum leaks - Idles and runs perfect

Anyways i am scratching my head , no pun intended

Figured i would bring up this old thread that i found instead of starting a new one

Scott

1971 Dodge Charger Superbee
2011 Ram Sport 1500 Quad Cab Deep Water Blue Loaded
Siberian Huskies