I have noticed a bit more smoke when the throttle is released after the motor was run hard for a moment, such as accelerating hard on the freeway. It is just the right side tail still. Nothing on startup or idling or normal driving, just when you let of the gas while driving and the amount depends on how hard it was driven.

I took the manifold off and valve covers and wiggled all of the valve springs around. No major movement there and no noises. I did notice that while I was inspecting the intake gasket that there was a very small break near cylinders 6 and 8 intake ports. It was hard, so I probably did not do that when I pulled the mani off. I wonder if this is just enough of a break to suck oil on deceleration and not cause any backfires or misfires. Again, the motor is running great. I noticed a quart low at 600 miles this time around. It was not like this when I out the motor in, so I am leaning towards intake gasket, rather than a ring or guide, because of the good compression and god running.

Whaddya think?

2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab: 5.7, 65RFE, 4.56 gears with locker, Hemifever tuned, AFE intake, 87mm throttle body, JBA headers, 3" Flowmaster exhaust, split to dual 2.5" exits. 13.57 best ET so far.

Searching for new A or B Body Project!