Quote:

Thanks for the condolences hypersonic.

I have both a 383 and 400 blocks now and figure they both look the same unless your a mopar nut and can identify the ID pads.

I might try headers, but I'm worried that I'm gonna buy a set of flowtechs or summits and will have to modify my clutch linkages.

As for the cam, my father doesn't agree with the 60303 lunati cam but really likes the look of the xe268 cam. So if he likes that one, then I think lunati's 60302 would be better choice with the setup I'm going for.

As far as headers go, it is a better product/for
more money world. You might get lucky on a set that fits with your clutch linkage. And it might be a little
pricey. If you do, you might as well go with the coated headers (last longer). 383's and
400's are exactly the same in dimension, so if you
decide to swap one for the other, no problems. Or
if you want to go low buck go, with the Magnum 383
- 440 exhaust manifolds. They would clear your clutch linkage and work just as well as headers
till 4500-5000 rpm. Then headers will take off
in the power department after 5000 rpm. Its up to you on what you want to do. Resaerch your cam and BE HONEST about your engine's powerband. Too much
can be more harmful, than good. Especially at the pump!!!

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)