Quote:

Looking at your spec card, it looks like comp decided to use almost all the same specs but shorten the intake duration and lengthen the exhaust duration. Not a bad idea utilizing the larger exhaust valves on stock heads, or any other head for that matter.

The Mopar published numbers aren't very accurate anyway. They just multiply the advertised duration by .85. Apparently the Mopar 509 is over 250 @ .050. Anyway, I have a friend with the Nostalgia 509 in a Dart. Its just as fast as the Mopar cam (he had one in there before but the cam went south), but idles better.

Anyway, I understand that you're trying to not spend on the cam here. If you're being offered the two I would take the 474, it has a 110 LSA which will work better with your manifolds, and obviously less duration. But you will have to change the springs too. Are you getting those for free? Because the Mopar ones aren't cheap. If you have to buy a timing chain, and replace your valve locks and retainers, and obviously you need valve stem seals, Comp sells kits with all of the above for $420. So you might get the cam for free, but not save much after you buy the other stuff. Just food for thought.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street