Quote:

If I remember correctly the trim was deleted since they had to mod the fenders for the 15" wheels.

Fenders were Not modified at the factory for 15" wheels. Lots of Challenger R/T's came with 15" wheels & wheel lip molding. Also, lots of people have traded out their 14" wheels for 15's, and no fender modifications are necesary.

Fender modifications are due to a tire size that was only available on a Hemi car from the factory. IF a car owner puts huge tires on the front of their car, they may need to modify the fender lip a little, but that would be owner modified, not factory modified. When I first got my own challenger, it had huge tires on aluminum 14" wheels and they Did hit the fender lip.

Quote:

I don't have a broadcast sheet for mine, so I have to assume that with the early SPD, and the bent up fender lips, that odds are mine had the 15" wheels.

Please compare your fenders to any other non-Hemi Challenger fender. You'll find that your fenders are not modified. SPD has nothing to do with wheel size. 14" & 15" wheels were available all year. The majority of Challengers came with 14" wheels.
(EDIT: I take back my comment about SPD vs. wheel size. My statements were true regarding Challengers as a whole, but when looking at a specific option package like the A66 cars, there can be some correlation between the two. Further explanation below in Dan's posts.)

Quote:

These A66 cars are really interesting, lots of variation over time from the factory.

Here, I Agree, and would love to hear more about your specific car. A Sublime A66 is a pretty cool car. I'm particularly fond of the Sublime color. What other options does it have? any stripes?

Tav

Last edited by cataclysm80; 02/23/11 04:19 PM.