Quote:

Quote:

As to the OP ... if it blew the valve out of the
grommet, you have a blow by problem... have you put
a gauge on the dip stick tube yet

didn't blow it out of the grommet, this was a breather stuck down over the filler pipe coming up out of the valve cover. the other breather is tighter, and has never been an issue. this one was looser, and i wondered about it when i put it on, but figured it would be ok. apparently not.

as far as the gauge, i have a pressure/vacuum gauge, but i'll have to rig it up with the right fittings to go over the dipstick, i haven't done that yet. will see if i can get to that this weekend.

Hi Mick,

Sorry to hear your having all of this trouble. Don't worry your not alone. Mine is apart again because #3 cam bearing must have turned somewhere along the way.

Once I tore it down, I find I'm sucking oil too. The only thing I can figure is the intake is not fitting correctly.

I hate to say it, but you may need to tear it down and do some investigating. Like I said earlier, I had a number of problems last time(too much piston to wall clearance, bad guides and probably a bad fitting intake). Those problems were fixed. My only constant is the intake. The stage V fits much better.

The problem is with all this oil getting in the combustion chamber, everything will look like a barbecue grill after cooking greasy ribs. I've spent my whole Christmas holidays taking heads apart and de-greasing chambers, pistons, and valves. Had a good gooey layer of this stuff on those parts. Onces its apart you can eliminate what its not.

It does sound like you have some blow by. Do you think the breather fell out of the stack due to road bumps? I'd think the stack should hold the breather in even if it is a little loose.