Have built a couple of them. Fro 1200 hp it really doesn't matter much. Two years ago we built a 6.4 Hemi, stock head castings, stock valvetrain, a small hyd roller cam, Holley intake, small primary headers and two HolsetHX 40turbos. Factory block and crank, Molnar Rods and CP pistons. Made 1100+ hp at the wheels. Just a homemade build up. Building a pretty similar set up now that will go in to my '70 New Yorker 4 D sedan. It used to have a 528 wedge with RPM heads, a small comp street roller, Torker 2 intake, blow thru carb and two 66mm Garret's Was never dynoed but I feel it would have made similar power with ease. Only run it once at the track, and it run 11.4/135 mph on DOT tires, 2.73 gears on an unprepped air port, could not really use the power. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd9OcCfXx0I I think turbos are the way to go. They do not stress the engine when not using power, and they are reliable. A centrifugal might be a little easier to drive because of less lag, but with that little power and a properly sized turbo set up, shouldn't have to do any tricks either.

Last edited by jyrki; 02/21/24 02:50 AM.

Plynouth VIP '67 TT IC EFI