Originally Posted by INTMD8
Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
I’m not a turbo guy……. But for a 1200hp drag n drive combo, that really seems like the way to go.

It is, and for a long time I was a turbo guy and chasing goals.

Took me a long time to realize that while it's satisfying to reach a goal, it was much less satisfying driving that car on the street.

Sure if I met up with guys who did 2am blasts on the freeway it was fun but 99% of the time it's just frustrating because it's not usable unless you have a wide open road with no police.

I've since went backwards with much slower naturally aspirated cars and have much more fun with them.

Of course to each their own, just sharing my experience. That meaning, having cars that looked stock and trapped 150 in the 1/4, for me, were much less enjoyable overall than naturally aspirated cars with half or less the power.

That's relatable.

The Direct Connection Test car was a fun learning experience.
I don't feel it ever ran to it's potential but showed some possibilities to people
(and showed someone, back then, at Mopar was paying attention to "what was going on", to the growing segment of folks who have no interest in anything NA).

Not a single one of my own ideas or goals were used anywhere, it was all about whatever the engineering lead and my partner on the tech line wanted to do.

Knowing Fiat and Pietro, it wouldn't surprise me if they sent it to the scrapyard.

My horrible attitude aside, experience with that was plenty enough to tell me I wouldn't enjoy that setup for street use.

It ended up with a 440CI aluminum G3 with some ported prototype Apache heads that we probably weren't supposed to have, the giant turbo in the thread and so on.
Do that and you'll run way faster than we did because you'll spend way more time getting it right than we did.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri