Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
Originally Posted by INTMD8
Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
I’m not a turbo guy……. But for a 1200hp drag n drive combo, that really seems like the way to go.

It is, and for a long time I was a turbo guy and chasing goals.

Took me a long time to realize that while it's satisfying to reach a goal, it was much less satisfying driving that car on the street.

Sure if I met up with guys who did 2am blasts on the freeway it was fun but 99% of the time it's just frustrating because it's not usable unless you have a wide open road with no police.

I've since went backwards with much slower naturally aspirated cars and have much more fun with them.

Of course to each their own, just sharing my experience. That meaning, having cars that looked stock and trapped 150 in the 1/4, for me, were much less enjoyable overall than naturally aspirated cars with half or less the power.

I totally get it.

In my mind, the main attraction for the reliable, streetable 1200hp builds are if you’re using it for some drag n drive duty.
I mean, if you can’t actually “use” all 1200hp……..what’s the point?

It’s not that I don’t like what the turbo guys are doing, or that I don’t “like” them……..it’s mostly I don’t want to deal with all the stuff going on under the hood.

For something I’m going to own and have to wrench on……..I’m embracing dinosaur technology. A single carb and a basic electronic ignition.

iagree 100%. That's where I'm at w/ my cuda...I may run one or two more KOS races and then I might be going back naturally aspirated just to have fun. The KOS stuff is fun, but I'm nowhere near fast enough for most of those guys and that's fine. I have a street car...never wanted a race car.

Same here with my Challenger. Most don’t believe I drive mine all over on the street and 2 kits for at the track. To and from work, dinners cruise nights, car shows etc. Probably borderline streetable I suppose. Never have the time or money to do the drag and drive events, but it sure looks like fun. Turbo is the way to go for big power/streetability/reliability. Still gathering parts for my next twin turbo Hemi build.

100_1455 [640x480].jpg100_1454 (2).jpg100_1453 [640x480].jpg

1963 Belvedere 440 Max Wedge Tribute
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 Six Pack
1970 Challenger R/T, 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Plymouth Road Runner 383
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440
1996 2500 RAM 488 V-10 4X4
2004 3500 Dually Cummins 4x4
2012 Challenger R/T Classic.