Originally Posted by gtx6970
Originally Posted by topside
15% is a fair amount, but seems a bit at odds with a 200 psi reading.
Oil through the guides may not show up with either test.
It was a long time ago, but the seals I bought were from Silver Seal and are/were blue in color.
I can look for the box - I kept it as I had to buy a bunch - and I may have enough left that I could send you some.

Im going off memory.

But best I can think most were in the 7-8 % loss. and maybe 2 or 3 were a little over 10% , Again been a while so I'm not 100% certain of those numbers. After i thought about it I dont think any were in the 15% range

But I do remember all 8 were in the low 200psi range on a compression ck

I went thru the valves right after I bought it and ckd the valve seals at that time and all were present and best I could tell still very pliable. Sorry,,,,but I dont remember what type seals are on it

Whats real odd. This past spring when I changed the oil ( I run straight 30 weight Rotella with a bottle of Lucas ZDDP additive )
And I ran it to Phoenix and back and oil was still on full. Thats about 300 miles round trip give or take.
Its after it gets maybe 400-500 ( approx ) miles on it, it will use a qt every 100-150 miles.

My thought for best bang for buck and prevention of bigger issues all the sudden, would be a basic tear down for rings and bearings, plus check valve job. Check cam lobes. True everything up as necessary, that kinda deal. Hopefully you dont need pistons, but if you do, you were screwed long term anyway. I wouldn’t stroke it or do any porting etc.

I want my fair share