Originally Posted by DaveRS23
When you already have the head flow, why not have the displacement to go with it? drive

But again, Unless its a race car ,,,even if just sometimes. WHY ?

If I was starting with an empty block I could be persuaded pretty easily.

But the bottom end in mine already has a Kellogg crank in it that I have to believe is just fine for when / If the time comes I pull it down.
Yet the few builders Ive talked to the 1st thing they mention is Stroke it up. And that appears to add aprrox $3000 to the bill

My only reason I would pull it down is to lower compression to make it more pump gas friendly, and correct some oil usage.

But still even if we take my car out of the equation . And its YOUR car ,,,again you dont race the car.

Say you're starting with an empty block , Why the expense to stroke it UNLESS its a part time drag car . And Im not thinking a car you take down the strip at the Mopar Nats once a year. But something you race several times a year.

Whats the point ? Besides bragging rights???
And again taking my car and its use out of the equation.

If you did it, Why ?
If you didnt , do you wish you had and why?

One of the reasons I bring it up. Is a friend of mine up in Phoenix is having the engine for his 66 Hemi Satellite , 4spd with the stock 3.54 dana out being done right now. And the builder asked,,, Almost pushed him to stroke it . But he didnt.
Although He is upgrading it to a roller cam and headers though. this guy is an old SCCA racer so I can see his car making a few passes from time to time just for grins.