I've been building stroker engines for roughly 30 years and I don't have any intention of ever building another stock stroke engine for myself. I can understand situations where a person would build a stock stroke engine. Severe budget limits, rules, lack of parts, etc. but outside of that I don't see any reason to build a stock stroke engine.

At the shop I work at I'd say about 25% of the engines are stock stroke. Usually those people are doing restorations, or they have very limited budgets, or it is a rules restricted engine. People building race engines or street performance engines typically ask for the "most bang for the buck" which means they get a 505 Mopar, or a 347 SBF, or a 383 SBC, or a 521 BBF, or a 482 FE, or something along those lines. There are specific sizes that work best for each of the classic muscle car engines so that is what we recommend.
I haven't worked on a 426 Hemi for a long time but if someone wanted to build one these days I'd most likely recommend a 4.250 crank with 2.20 rod journals and a 7.100 long rod. That is a combination that is provides a lot of value for the money spent. The parts are proven and they fit and work.