Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by cudaman1969
Originally Posted by volaredon
My only interest in Toyota is the location of the red batphone button that when pushed every Toyota will simultaneously self destruct. I loathe, despise them.

Not quite there but close lol. 3-1/2 hours just pulling timing chain cover off, 22 thousand bolts, water pump hoses behind alternator, motor mount center bolt hidden up under mount, oil and water all over ground, every conceivable bracket, wire, clip is connected to that front cover plus valve cover. The intake will have to come off to replace the heater hose that I had cut with a knife, broke the bypass nipple on radiator (maybe I can fix) glad I took pics! Chain from Toyota was $325, the whole package from auto zone (both chains, tensioner, followers and oil pump sprockets) $219. I can see the 11 hours flat rate to fix now I’m beat and still got to put it all back tomorrow. I watched a vid on changing the chain, looked like a piece of cake, NOT!! Ya need midget hands and good back to work on it.

Sounds like it might have been easier to pull the motor 🤔 shruggy pity beer

It would have! Ow it’s back together but a scraping noise, it shut off, tried to start again (won’t) and starter won’t stop turning till key is off. Getting too old for this headache.