Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by cudaman1969
Some funny responses! I’m a little tight getting in but ok once in it but it drives real nice, plenty of visibility. As far as flipping it not going to happen, after driving the ram van 5 years (34,000 miles) getting 13 mpg I think I’ll get used to the 30-35 mpg going from point a to b. For fun I’ll drive the SRT, 64 Savoy, 73 Cuda, 70 Duster, 88 Ram, 79 Lil Red, oh I have some choices I think. Oops Forgot the 65 plym, and 06 3500 diesel Ram

up I agree

With all the technology and crap that's been added over the years why is it the most struggle to get 20 MPG. Bought the wife a Ford escape, 4 cyl turboed and while it was fun to drive 17MPG with her (NOT ME) driving it.
I have been buying full size Pickups since 92 and 15 MPG in town is about it. 30 years later still 15 MPG. Look at a turbo'ed 6, still 15 MPG, looked at a smaller Dakota, Colorado type truck 16 MPG.
Her current 💩box gets about 22 I think. turboed 4 banger that is gutless. Ok around town but i sure as h-ll wouldn't take it to Colorado.
But I clearly remember the earl mid eighties Mazda's, Mitsubishi, Datsun/ Nissans, toyota's doing 28 or so in town and mid to high 30's on road trips running 75-80MPH with the A/C on AND OMG CARBURETORS.
If i could buy a new 85 mazda 626 and extended cab pickup right now I'd be all in, So I'll side with the OP on this one twocents beer

i have a 09 Jetta with a 2.5 5 cylinder 6 speed auto. it gets about 25 in the city around 30 on the highway. it does have good power also.
i did convert it into a PU truck.
OLD pic from last year.

100_0555.JPG

perception is 90% of reality