Originally Posted by calmopar
I bought a Tundra in 2002. I went to a Dodge dealership first, then a Ford, but the salespeople there were intolerable and I refused to give them any of my hard-earned money. Just BS games, attempted psych-outs, TONS of time wasting, and condescension even. I went to the Toyota dealership fully armed with dealer cost, flooring allowance, rebates and incentives, average sale price for the area, etc., and I walked in and told the sales rep what I wanted. He said what do you want to pay for it (he saw all my paperwork) and I told him. He said OK and that was it. Paid cash, spent 3 minutes listening to financing and extended warranty options which I declined with no pushback, left with the truck. Still have it, runs great. Paint got funny but at least now it looks like a real truck. I might have been happier with a different truck but the way they ran their dealership is why I bought there.

When I lived in the San Jose area, it was bad. the sales guys were usually smoking outside and circling the lot like sharks that tasted blood. Whichever one put this cigarette out was claiming you as theirs LOL beer