I've had a similar incident happen from a younger (23-29 yrs. old white male "car" guy) happen back in the mid 1980s at the NHRA Winternationals one year. I had my original 1963 Plymouth Belvedere 2 door sedan 415 HP car that I was running in NHRA stock A/SA class and was in the rear of the staging lanes with the hood open when he walked up and look at it and made a comment that it was too bad that it wasn't an "original M.W. car" shruggy
I bought that car from the 2nd owner in 1973 who had bought it off of a used car lot in L.A. CA in 1965 and drove it until he blew the motor up, spun a rod bearing and had the motor rebuilt by Reath Automotive in 1966, he ended up joining the Army before the motor was done and he got orders to Veit Nam and had them hold the motor until he got back when he got out of the army in 1969.
Long story short he lost the kickdown rod for the 727 and burnt the tranny up in less than 300 miles driving it to college and around town before moving to the high desert after marrying his wife, her father owned a well drilling company and he went to work for his father in law so he could buy the company out later in life.
Bottom line that kid had never owned one of those cars let alone worked at a dealership when they came out and base his opinion on seeing some of those cars that the headlight, engine wiring harness placed on the upper passenger side inner wheel well instead of having it held on the inner lower side of that panel with factory wire holders like mine had, he had seen the later cars after Mopar had some of the early cars have problems with exhaust heat melt some of those harnesses puke shruggy
Did I say we had an "educational moment" together over that devil boogie
He did thank me for helping him learn more about those limited production cars like mine up
I forgot to mention I'm a drag racer, not a show car guy boogie work whistling shruggy
The only thing I want to show other car guys is my taillights up devil

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 09/14/23 04:53 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)