Just one of many reasons I quit taking performance era Mopars to Mopar shows. Many of those guys were even Azzholes in the Modified Classes.

My wife and I (and my son with his family and my daughter with her friend) only attend one Mopar show a year and there are at least 4 in the area. The one we attend seems to have more mellow participants.

I am the guy in one of the modified classes that brings a vehicle that probably isn't really show worthy, but it is all Mopar and probably the only one like it there. It is $20 to enter the show, but to spectate the gate fee is #5/person. For that extra $10, we get a place to park on the grounds, have chairs to sit in, and we bring in our own water. We get a chance to talk with people, and its generally a fun day. I don't ever expect to win a trophy, but have occasionally in the past.

I'm not too concerned about what others think about my ride, I sure like it the way it is. If they think it should be different, they can build their own version, or buy mine after I'm tired of it and change to into anything that makes them happy.