Originally Posted by ZIPPY
For many years I've enjoyed having a 1968 Fury VIP Fender tag on my legit 1969 GTX.

Nobody can ever seem to decode that fender tag for some reason!
I guess you better call Galen or David to figure it out shruggy

Sometimes I'll cover the VIN, sometimes I won't, depends how I feel.

Not much of anything has ever been original on the car since I've owned it, but I did at least paint it the original color this time.

I really regret not saving the fender tags of cars I parted out, junked, or took parts from over the years, because I'd have them on rotation
in the car. In particular the '73 New Yorker that donated the first engine I had in the car was pretty loaded, and had two fender tags...
I would install both of them and let the idiots struggle with it.

Those things are not the gospel that people make them out to be on an A plant code car /usually showed next to nothing.

For my next fender tag, I really want to have a custom one made that reads the same as Samuel L. Jackson's wallet.

When I had my 68 Charger R/T (440 car) that I put a hemi into I had a BLANK fender tag I stumbled across at the local P+Pull back in the 90's. I was even so bad that I would generally occlude the VIN tag with show entry form or one of those dastardly flyers, LOL. Myself, I've never been one to get hung up on numbers, hoses, paint markings etc. Having worked on the line back in the early 70's NOTHING was specified and most of the workers were high on something. Put it together with the supplied parts, put the jack instructions somewhere on the trunk lid bottom side, paint marks? somewhere on the R valve cover, rear end or ????? I have always been concerned more with reliability and being done well. Dcuda's69 seems to fit the bill nicely drool twocents