I use Hagerty. Not many options up here in the frozen north.

The consignment thing makes sense not being covered because anyone could be driving your car. I wonder if companies have extra coverage for stuff like that? Usually it should be like going in for service that they should have their own insurance that covers damage while it's in their possession but then the question comes up do you trust their insurance? Usually tho commercial insurance like that has less issues then what car owners have to deal with.

Originally Posted by moparpollack

American Collector Car is great at collecting money and not much else. My first dealings with them was on a truck and the pictures I sent had a couple of parts in the bed. ACC said they wouldn't insure it because if it's used to haul anything they don't hold any liability. It just made me laugh and I went to Hagerty the next year.

I ran into that when I was trying to get collector insurance on my lil red express with the only company you could get classic insurance with up here before Hagerty came along. They said it could be driven only and couldn't use it as a truck. That's understandable since you don't know what someone is going to load up in the bed. So I asked a simple question- if I go to Best Buy and buy a home theater system or something that comes in a box is it OK to use the truck to pick it up? How about if I'm going to a car show and have some boxes of T shirts. Suddenly they wouldn't even insure me at all. I asked why and they said because there's too much of a risk. I asked if they had a list of what acceptable uses are so I know what I shouldn't do or I can decide myself if it's too stringent for my needs? Nope we just know you're a risk realcrazy... I figured at the end they saved me a lot of grief because if I ever had a claim i'd risk them finding any little thing to weasel out of it.