Quote:

That guy (BOYD) had the sleeper thing going for a while. I lost to him off of Whittier blvd after he beat my buddies V8 350 vega. I knew I was alot faster than the Vega so it should be an easy win. Boyd smoked me. He always lifted the hood for you to look painted engine dual plane single snorkel stock air filter
A few weeks after I lost to him I saw him at OCIR pulling a low ten with the same car.

Are you talking about Boyd (white over blue '67 chevy II w/pizza box hood scoop?) I NEVER saw or heard of him running faster then 10+ high teens at OCIR usually slower, and I only ever saw that car run all the way out the back door ONCE. he raced a Super Gas car outta San Diego. That Nova had to be a 9.80's car on 9" tires in the early 1980's Other then the hood and satin centerlines you wouldn't look twice at that car to think it was fast.

rumor was he would not open the hood with the good motor. He would freely open it with the other. Still plenty fast... small world

EDIT: you were replying to Steve's post. Ron had the ratty firebird... half the time it had a small block half it had a BBC... Boyd had the Chevy II Boyd was always faster.

Last edited by R70RUNNER; 12/08/09 06:01 PM.

Current cars: 2000 Dak Quad Cab, 2012 Challenger,1970 Road Runner, 1994 Firehawk

1966 Coronet post sedan, 1988 Corvette, 2005 Magnum RT all SOLD

R70RUNNER<---VP Inland Empire Chapter of the MPM