Quote:

Isn't it Jeremiah that has a pretty cool a-body with BB sleeper?

It's actually a 360 based stroker...and retired. After getting busted a few times last summer on the street and a long winter driving it with chains on half of the time the old battle axe is just too rusty. So rusty it's literally coming apart next to where I welded it up previously to stiffen it back up.

I love these threads! My favorites list:

-quick d100...
-n20monster... I don't EVER want any of that thing!
-the '67 charger with hubcaps
-Mr Smothers knows his sleepers
-Any FAST car ripping it up on bias plys crazy, but awesome just the same
-jyrki's four door is a new add to my list!

I'm sure there are several that I have forgotten so forgive me on that note. IMHO the creation of a sleeper is somewhat of an art form.

The car below features:

-quiet exhaust
-I cut a 1/16" slice out of the driver side collector gasket to give it an exhaust leak in order to hide the sucking sound of the 4150HP.
-Three mismatched hub caps, one missing. One is actually from a Pontiac and two are Studebaker (?).
-The ever-so-slightly bent antenna adds to the overall presence of imperfection on the car.
-My old straw sun hat sits in the package tray to give it that "old man on a drive" impression".
-I soaked the almost new whitewall snow tires in traction compound for about a month. They work(ed) surprisingly well.
-I lowered the front bench seat to make me appear shorter, it really works with said straw hat above.
-NO stickers! Well ok, I have a PP&L wind energy sticker, a Mike Huckabee for President sticker, and little letters on the bumper say "beats walking"

-Almost forgot to give props to Mr. Jamie Passon for sending me a used, imperfect Hurst four speed shifter ball to complete the look of the interior. A nice new white shifter ball would have cut off my hustle many times over.

Designing a sleeper is more social engineering than anything. Sometimes when I would walk out of the grocery store my g/f and I would bust up laughing at how much of a POS and an eyesore my car was. I even had some punk rock chick say "Nice car!" when I was in the bank parking lot one day...as I close the door and a chunk of 1/4 panel falls off.

Ok ok, sorry for the novel. I couldn't sleep and this is a topic, as you all can see, that I have given (too) much thought.