When I started Drag Racing in 1964 you could race somewhere almost 5 days a week,and the fans jam any drag strip you went to,It was always Mopar,chevys,and fords. When the Funny Cars started to show up it was always Match Racing,same rules Ahra,Nhra and tracks that didn't care just come and race,The first time I Saw heads up funny car racing was Sox&Martin vs Dyno Don,at Green Valley drag strip in texas,the smell of Nitro and the wheels up burn outs and every fan in the place cheering and going crazy,I knew drag racing was just going to get better and stick around for some time,and then when the Pro stocks started Match Racing right along with the Funny Cars it was standing room only at any Track
you raced at.Match race madness took over,Those were the best days of racing and I am glad I was around to see it all.And now the Hemi shootouts bring back a lot of those days,I would like to see them starting to Match race like the old days along with some of the other old Pro stock cars like Hemi fred,and bring local drag racing back to fans not just racers.I just wish I had kept the old dragster that showed the fans down south at match racing when the Pro stocker ran.I may be old but I got to see the best racing ever. I just have to remember all of it. Back to looking for pics now.