i think the problem with carlton is he died way to soon.
i cant even imagine what our sport would be like
if he lived on..
so from that part..this may be why so many come up blank...a bright star that went out to soon.
ive always like Ried Whisnant..because it was the first car i stood next to in the pits as a youth..
it was a turning point or impression in my mind that i remember even today..
thats what made the "duster" monicor stand out in my mind i am sure.
next would be Jungle Jim or bill worst, 5-50 cars cause again either my dad or my uncle would carry us over to them in the pits..we would stand back out side the ropes(so to speek) and watch them all carry on...and i do mean "Carry on". Dad didnt want our ears to close..
but i remember lots of little tid bits...
wish i was old enough to really be conscience.
i was just born to late i guess..
Just Remember you cant blame all of the people who dont know...they just never had the fortune to be introduced...or come in contact.. its not like the modern Magazines ever focus on the old stuff...not with any detail..so how else would they learn about ..the old times..?
personally i love to just sit and listen to them bench race. but they arent getting around as much and unfortunately they are like all things...returning to dust,from wich they came.
but there will always be stories and photos.
thank God for that..
I AM ALL EARS!
cheapst.
P.S i have been recently pervey to a few stories told by Warren Barnett. id love to hear some of his stories as well. very nice and personable...i think he apprieciates when us young guys oogle over the old days.

2660561-whisniat.bmp (643 downloads)

365" Iron J heads,,3480lbs best 1.39 60ft on SS springs.10.54,124 mph ...6.67 1/8th et.average 60fts 1.46 w/ small cam &.063 no2 pill tagged & insured
[image][/image]