being in my mid 60's, i'm like 383man. i still think of the 62-3 &4's as new cars. and getting my charger in '70, well, it WAS new [almost]. i really like the new, super powerful stuff of today, including the hell cat and demon, plus the availability of the aftermarket parts that can produce [in the right combination] 1000+hp. but with my age comes severe health problems that take up a fair share of my limited income, so i have resigned myself to the fact i will never be "there" in either respect mentioned previously. with that being said, i need an engine for my 33 dodge humpback panel truck, and i also need an engine "refresh" for my charger. if, and when, the time comes for either of those, i have performance goals that i truly believe each must obtain just because of the "look" of each. at that time, i will trust this board with recommendations, and possibly try to purchase a long or short block for a very good price i can afford, rather than build one from scratch. my best friend always says : "our hour glass is fast running out of sand". it won't be a new conversion, rather an "old school", carbed combo combination that "may" meet my goals at the weight of each vehicle.
beer