Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
Originally Posted By SILVER67
I'm in my thirties.

Piecing together my all aluminum B1 headed-BB

We're out there still.

G/F still had to take out a loan to pay for the upgrades to make her pump gas gen 3 Camaro run 10.90's

Her AFR headed 383, forged crank wasn't free
Nor was the Ford 9" disc brake rearend.
Tranny upgrade to TH400
ATI 8"

The initial investment can be tough.
Student loans, mortgage slow things down.

I keep the Coronet running and racing while gathering parts for the B1 engine.

Same here...I'm 36. Glad I built my hemi 11 years ago before I got married, built a house, and had 2 kids. The car fund has taken a big hit! Nevertheless, I'm still slowly collecting parts for the next stage of upgrades.

I am one of the older Mopar lovers who has no interest at all in the 1000 plus hp power adder engines. I am 61 and still love the way we built them in the 60's and 70's other then the safety issue's. I was married most of my adult life and have 2 kids so it seemed I never had the money I wanted to build just a mild build like in my 63. That was until I got divorced but I always and still do put my family first of course. I am a diehard Mopar lover and I can tell you I love all brands of American muscle but you will never see me in anything other then a Mopar. And I am more then happy with my 600 hp street car that can run in the 10's just as I drive it. I have no interest at all in the newer stuff and honestly when I see a 60's or 70's Mopar with a new Hemi in it I usually just walk right by it. Its not that I dont appreciate the awesome power the modern engines make its just that I love what I grew up with and thats what I like to see. I look at a car and combo for how well it works for what it has in it. I am just as impressed with a 318 Dart running 12's N/A as a 9 second car with a power adder on it. Even though my car only runs in the 10's I am more then happy with it and have the pride of knowing I built it. Myself I love the Nostalgia Super Stock racing and the Pure Stock and FAST muscle cars. I have no interest in most of the Pro classes or the Pro Mods as I like the basic factory looking muscle car. I even had to scimp some on my 63 as it seems I never have enough money to build exactly what I want. So I built my 63 about like I would have built my street car in the 70's and thats pretty much because that all I could afford and thats building it myself. I had to save some money when I put my 63 together and it was more because I just did not have much then the fact of high Mopar prices as I look at my 63 and think well I have no MSD ign , no dominator carb , no Cal Tracs , no fuel cell , no tubbing or cutting on the car , no Barry Grant fuel pump and system , no adjustable rear shocks and it still uses all the factory type suspension. But its safe and runs good enough for me to have fun and be happy. I remember someone on here told me I should ditch the Acell Supercoil I run and get some modern ign on it. I said why as this was on my sons Dart and his car went no faster or started any better when we put MSD on it. Yea the Acell Supercoil came out in the 70's and it worked then for what I had and it works now for what I have. So I guess I am one of the older cheap Mopar guys who lives in the past but I make the best of what I have and enjoy it.
Besides I like to be a little different as it seems everyone has a Chevy and when I go to the track or a car show most of the time I am the only 63 Sport Fury there so its nice not to have the same car everyone else has !!