Originally Posted By crlush
The only reason they would use single stage is to cut down on time and prep work.

If your taking the time to "jamb" the vehicle before a full outer body shoot in BC/CC, it's just a few passes with CC after you've shot base on the jambs, again shooting SINGLE STAGE in the JAMBS, then BC/CC'ing the outer body falls back to an old practice of cheaping out on materials, it's been done for the last few decades since BC/CC made the scene that it's now taken as the norm in "restorations", I even had an individual tell me once "that's how the factory did it"...and I'm sure GYC thoughts on the matter share the same ignorance...

If GYC was truly "restoring" these cars to OEM, it would be SINGLE STAGE thru out the entire vehicle top to bottom, inside/out

FYI, If you were a painter "back in the day", when you bought a gallon of straight/single stage paint, you got a gallon, when BC/CC made the scene, a "gallon" was actually 1/2 a gallon of paint, you then bought a gallon of Base Maker to add a 1/2" gallon of it to make a true gallon of paint, plus now you had to buy a gallon of clear, the price comparison was double if not triple, so guys started jambing vehicles in single stage, and BC/CC'ing just the outer body to save a buck from buying more paint...now the frugal trend has been labeled "pre painting" to justify shoddy work and jewing the costs