Got my project interrupted by a little vacation!

On the factory prop valve, on more than one occasion I have removed, disassembled, cleaned and reassembled it. It is one of the oddball 73-74 B&E body valves, as far as I know. No reman available. Problem is, it is iron and the little brass flare disks can not be removed non-destructively, at least without proper tooling.

This time, I was unable to free up the shuttle which is contained by the flare disks. Previously, I pushed it to one end of its travel with a small screwdriver and soaked the inside with penetrating oil. I would then be able to push the valve back with a piece of coat hanger through the flare disk. Repeating this process three or four times would get it moving again. Not this time though, I got it stuck at one end and couldn't push it back with a hanger. I left it soaking in penetrating oil for a couple of days, same deal. Couldn't even move it with compressed air.

I've finally got the Wilwood spliced in (and am going to purchase a 3/16 flaring tool instead of the bar for lines on the car in future) and am now on to the bleed. Good times!

WIll report back.