Quote:

Quote:

Is there a way to test the Breakerless ignition I put in? If there is a vacuum leak and I spray the area w/ starter fluid, will it bubble like a hole in a tire does?

A parts house can test an ECU but if it doesn't act up when they test it then we are not going to have a valid test but I would have them test it(our run of(bad) luck has to change ). I for sure hate throwing parts at a car expecially after my contributions. Do you have another vehicle that you could borrow the ECU from. An intake sucks the fluid in as opposed to a tire that bubbles it outward & if any fluid is sucked in through a pinhole leak it changes the idle because you are improperly adding extra fuel & drastically changing the mixture & the idle speed/quality will change & I'm thinking that if this was just condensation & if the ECU is the culprit that there might not be any intake issue so I would start there with the ECU. EDIT & white smoke that is what we call steam so you're good there.

to review,
The ECU is the orange component that came with the distributor kit when I replaced the dual point. I bolted it to the drivers side fender. It has the large triangle shape plug. Is this is the unit we're questioning?

I have a wiring harness I pulled out of my mothers' (rest her soul) 74 Plymouth /6 Valiant. I think the ECU is still attached to the tangle of wires.

Other than the body panels, every system on this car has been replaced, refurbished or repaired. I'm learning that even though you replace items refurbished by professionals(carburator, dash, alternator, starter, wiper motor) or new (wiring harnesses from YO)...it is certainly no gaurantee that they will work.

Thanks for hanging in there with me.