Quote:

We cannot see the smoke you saw. it could be nothing but condensation 'smoke'. In cool high humidity weather it can get real heavy and drip water from the tail pipe. Oil smoke doesn't have to be a dark blue color either.
Like I said before I am not at this point convinced that you have a head gasket out.

Understood.
The white cloud doesn't hang in the air like the old days when oil burners left a cloud behind. It dissapates too but even with the motor warm, it's a steady stream from the tailpipes.
The weather here, near Washington DC, has been cool (40's).
During the brief time from initial startup to today, it would start fine, blow a condensation cloud and drip water until the motor warmed up, then it would cease.
This problem occured on my way back from the maiden trip I took.
Now it won't idle, blows that white smoke (for lack of a better word) from both pipes, rocks violently as it gasps to stay running, moves the oil and temp gauge close to the high side of the gauge and eventually simply stalls out.
I tried moving the distributor slightly to see of it would improve the idle thinking something had occured with the timing, but that doesn't seem to matter.
what else can I relay to you.

I really appreciate this assistance.