Quote:

Alright, I have to ask.

What is the difference in what you just described vs the old traction bars you bolted under the spring? The rear is trying to rotate but the traction bar is stopping it from rotating when the snubber, front of the traction bar, hits the bottom of the spring? Isn't this the same principle, to keep the rear from rotating up?

Or, I'm just not getting it?

I've run both slapper bars and Cal-tracks on my car. I've looked closely at how my Caltrack setup works, and here's what I see:

Once the slapper bar touches the spring, it just stops the rotation of the axle. The leverage it creates will push the axle down a bit, but with no flex in the front segment, it is literally just pivoting off the front eye with all the lift flex coming from the back segment of the spring.
With the Cal-track bars, it takes that axle rotational force, and transfers it into down-force on the front segment. So it not only stops the rotation, but now you're actually pushing the front segment down, forcing it to flex in the opposite direction that it normally would. This is where I would dissagree with Monte somewhat. Coupled with flex in the rear segment, this pushes the axle down squarely, instead of rotating off the front eye. This keeps your pinion angle more correct.
If you look at it this way, the difference in Cal-Track bars vs. slapper bars, is very similar to the difference between a 4 link vs. a ladder bar.

LemonWedge - Street heavy / Strip ready - 11.07 @ 120