Quote:

Thanks so far. Lets say I can put X amount of torque to the pinion and read the amount of preasure to the front spring eye bolt. Now I install caltracs and repeat. For there to be an increase in traction the preasure at the front spring eye would have to increase and I am not understanding how that would happen. I have to be missing something because the answer here is always to put caltracs on it and I am fine with that as soon as I can understand why. My opjection to them is that they hang down below the car and make me think I am looking at some brank X with slapper bars on it. I am thinking I could put a bracket on the top of the axle and install the front part of the caltrac pionting up rather thab down. Now hidden, but won't put anything on until I understand why I am doing it. Thanks again

You would lose the down-force on top of the spring. As the bottom bar pushes forward, the "triangle" pivots off the spring eye bolt then pushes down on top of spring. I consider it a kind of basic four link? No expert here either but, works good on my stuff

8318063-ct1.jpg (134 downloads)