Quote:

I am no expert and will never claim that i am. My under standing is that the caltracs bars do the same thing that a pinion snubber only better. they limit the rotation of rear differential. the front segment of the spring and the caltracs bar act like a 4-link.

The difference is that a snubber does NOTHING to keep the leaf springs from wrapping up...when leaf springs wrap up, they don't consistently wrap up the same way plus wrapping up wears them out...

That's ALL Cal-Tracs do...keep the leaf spring from wrapping up...and they're adjustable to compensate for different power levels and track conditions...it's not any more complicated than that...they DO NOT apply more downward force on the tire or anything like that...The more power you have and/or the more available traction you have, the less leverage you need pushing down on the top of the leaf springs to keep them from wrapping up, and vice versa....

IMHO, the only reason to run them is if you have to (like in a restricted headsup Class) or if you don't want to install ladder bars or a 4-link, because they're both way better...

BTW, the reason for different length front spring segments is to move the Instant Center (front spring eye) closer to the 100% anti squat line....If the body tries to seperate from the rear wheel, you need a stiffer rear shock adjustment or you can move the front spring eye forward...

If you can't handle the truth, you're living a lie.......