'quote'
Now if you are saying that the dangling blue and brown wires each have 13V respectively but you connect the female ends to each other with a jumper with alligator clips (no ballast/nothing else in the picture) & then it has 10.5 (now is that run or crank or both) then yes that does not make sense as I dont see any added load but there has to be for it to be dropping from 13 to 10.5 so I am missing something.

yes, that is what im saying, and it drops to 10.5 when in 'crank' when tied together like this. I figure out mostly what it was, The ECU. If i leave the 2 female ends jumpered together like we are talking about and unplug the ECU, the voltage stays up past 12 when in crank mode, so thats whats robbing it! So, the ECU will be unplugged anyways when going to HEI so thats all good. Anyways, after it sitting for 5 damn days, it still would not start, so i swapped out all the plugs for some used ones i had on the shelf to get it running. Thats how weak this ignition is! The plugs i pulled out were barely damp, not dripping or anything, just barely damp, and it wouldnt start. SO i will be doing an HEI soon, im tired of having to replace the plugs everytime this happens as its a [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] with the headers! I dont get it, the 440 we had in the dirtcar ALWAYS fired right up. It had the old points distributor with the petronix in it with stock ballast. Quick fuel carb with no choke. It alsways fired up no matter how long it sat. Just a few pumps of the throttle, hit the key, and VROOM!!!Likie an explosion!