Quote:

keyed on 12 v source (switched 12V) would be the blue wire coming from the bulkhead. You would also tie the brown ign 2 "crank" wire to the blue wire so the HEI and the coil get fed full 12v in start and in run. In '83 I ran an OE electronic dist with an HEI module from a '75 chebby and an accell super coil the big yellow beast with no ballast. it started instantly & ran Ok afaik. Accell later told me to run a .8 or .7 (dont remember which) ballast with it but it did not burn out & you always have alot of leeway on how much ballast you can get by with. Dont forget the heat sink paste between module/alum block. Holler how it runs out. You know I'm wondering if one of your hard components is borderline & the slight voltage drop is just enough to make it non functioning (wont start). I would never suggest shotgunning parts at a problem but if you have parts (I have tons & tons) you might sub in another coil then another ECU then the pickup cuz it's the hardest to change & your gap is good correct? (.008")

well, thats my problem now tho, the blue wire has full voltage in 'run', but goes dead when turning the key to 'start' and the brown wire kicks in, if the blue wire stayed hot while cranking, that would be good, but it does not. If i tie the brown 'start' wire in with it to fix that problem, they mess with each other, like they are now, and wont get the full 12 volts, like im not currently. I would have the same issues..
Is there any other good keyed 12 volt sources on this thing?