ok guys, been out there for a while doing some tests and i need some expert knowledge here. I am thinking this car is supposed to have a dual ballast resister and someone may have wired things up wrong and running a single ballast. Now, i am not sure about this but the way its wired up does not make sense. Lets start with a pic..

Ok, The left plug to the ballsat has 3 wires, all 3 tied into the one plug. They are going to the voltage regulator, the bulkhead, and to a pin on the ECM.
On the right side is 2 brown wires, It comes from the bulkhead and is the 'start' circuit which provides the full battery voltage to the coil when starting.
ok, when its all connected to the ballast like in the pic, we get 6.5 volts at the coil in 'run' and only 10.5 when in 'start'. (keep in mind the starter is disabled so would be much lower if it was being activated..) so the 6.5 volts in 'run' is about right. but when in start, the 10.5 is a little low. ok, now, if i unhook the brown wires (right side) from the ballast, the coil gets the full 13 volts when turning the key to 'start'! Ok, if i hook the brown wires (right side of ballast) back up to the ballast and unplug the left side wires of ballast, i still get 13 volts to the coil when turning the key to 'start'! Now, if i unplug both plugs from the ballast and jumper them together, i get the same 10.5 volts at the coil when turning the key to 'start'! There is something not right here but not sure what. I dont know why, but when both plugs are tied together, whether through the ballast or jumpered together with a wire, it knocks the 'start' voltage down to 10.5 volts for some reason. But, like i said, if both sides are not connected through the ballast or a jumper wire, i get the full 13 volts AT the coil like i need when turning the key to 'start' .
I may be wrong and it is wired up right but i dont know. Im wondering if someone before me converted it to electronic ignition and was supposed to wire it for a dual ballast and instead just tied it all together and used a single ballast. anyone know for sure by how i described its wired to the ballast?
Thanks
HELP!!