Quote:

"My biggest concern with the big bar argument is the chassis. If the suspension can't move, the body will. Also, impacts will be transmitted to the occupants of the car."

My biggest concern with the above "arguments" is they may be taken literally. IE, no "bar" stops the suspension from moving, EVERY chassis flexes, ALL "impacts" are transmitted to the occupants in a non active suspension car. And "everything effects everything else". Its a matter of degree and personal preference that we decide on.

I dont think anyone is in any danger ov taking that literally. I think the issue is a valid one. We all like different degrees sure, but i'd wager that thick bar in a stock car will create problems down the line. These cars can differ incredibly in stiffness/rigidity/ integrity from one to another, even the same model/year cars. I've driven some very nice and tight E-bodies, which i think most here will agree is a fairly rare thing. On the other hand, my 72 Charger was so well uh... 'broken in', that it felt like a big bag ov ass no matter how i modified it. It was loose and flexy and just... well, beat. Sure, you could weld that sucker up and add some roll bars, but you could also do the same with a tight low-mile car instead and end up with twice the package. I think massive fat T-bars in that car would have been a big waste ov time. I dare say that even rebuilding the front suspension and upgrading half ov it was too.