Quote:

Quote:

I don't CARE if they are worth any power..........I care that they WORK and solve the RFI issues on the cars I tune, which they do.......others don't. End of that story.

Don't care to wear my motor out on the dyno swapping wires around looking for a few HP..........waste of time. I will find a few horsepower somewhere else. I just want the wires to DO THEIR JOB, the Firecores do

Monte

Been super busy and forgot about this thread...

OK, Monte......but, 99% of the people that start up a spark plug wire thread believe and are asking if there's any power gain in switching.......You and I know that there isn't.....but like motor oil, air filters and spark plugs, there's a LOT of VOODOO hype in the advertising industry....and that stuff rubs me the wrong way...........

ANYONE who frequents this forum has heard the "these wires are so good, you'll have to jet your motor up and it'll make more power" sales pitch.......I'm not naming names and I'm NOT knocking the wires......I'm NOT saying they're bad or they don't work as good as any other quality wire......For that reason, I won't buy them...(which I'm sure won't put much of dent in their sales).......

I'm sure you'll agree, Monte, that Dave Leahy at www.electrimotion.com knows his stuff.......I've known and worked with him since I was a kid....While I was at his shop a few years ago I quizzed him about wires (knowing what he was going to say)......His response, about the wires I'm talking about, was that he'd tested them and they weren't any better than any other wire......At the time, he used MSD wires and made his own boots and may still be doing that (I hadn't thought to even ask him about that the last time I talked to him)........Dave's a no BS kinda guy.......

You know I have HUGE respect for you, Monte..... and as you say, I'm sure they're good wires........

What do you want me to say Wayne??? Yes, I know Dave Leahey, yes he is an electronic genious........but personally, I don't give a damn what he said about the wires. ALL I KNOW, is that I put the wires in question on SEVERAL EFI cars that we were having RFI issues with. No other changes and the problems went away.....Like I said, what else you want me to say. I don't know how to make it any more clear. Are they the absolute best wire in the whole world.....hell, I don't know, DON"T CARE........all I know is they work well for me.

You don't want to even try them for whatever weird reason it is you have...FINE. I sure don't care and doubt Rich does either.

Some of these posts just F*&^ing amaze me

Monte