The Magnacor wires look descent enough but i can't comment from personal experience as i've never used them.

I can comment on the FireCore 50's however ;

Several years ago i went through two sets of MSD 8.5's in less than a year. Initially the wires ran great but over a short period of time my engine would develop a miss. The plug boots kept splitting and the wires were arcing to the header tubes. When it happened a second time....that was enough for me.

At that point I purchased a set of FireCore's from Rick and the car ran great. About 2 years later the dreaded miss returned so I started looking. The boots were fine but I discovered that the #2 wire had made contact with a header tube and burned all the way through to the solid core. Car still ran the same ET/MPH but had the miss. Ordered a new replacement from Rick and it promptly arrived. All was well.

Just for grins I ohmed that burnt lead and it still measured ~ 50 ohms/ft. I found that very surprising given the condition of the lead. That pretty much sold me on the quality of the product.

Since that time Rick has asked me to become a dealer and i've sold hundreds of sets over the past few years all over north america and around the world. I have yet to have one bad comment and everyone who buys the FireCore product has been extremely pleased with the quality & fit. Most if not all report improved idle quality and throttle response often necessitating carb adjustments because they're now running lean with the increased spark energy.

Are there better products out there ; maybe, maybe not...but i can say that these wires work great from what i've personally experienced and the personal feedback from hundreds of customers.

Ron

Last edited by firefighter3931; 04/21/14 10:50 AM.