You have to remember what the function of a plug wire is. It simply carries the charge from the coil to the plug, through the dist cap. The ignition box and the coil is where power is, NOT THE WIRE. You could run coat hangers from your dist cap to the plugs and fire the motor..........Now what makes a GOOD wire, is ability to carry as much spark energy as possible, not give off huge amounts of RFI while doing it and also not breaking down while doing it.

Remember when "solid core" wires were the hot ticket..........well they likely still would be if it wasn't for RFI noise. So the goal is to do the job of a solid core and contain the RFI like a resistor wire. A tough task. As I already said, in MY testing, the Firecore works best.

I have been at this for over 30 years. I have tried or at least seen most every "trick of the week" wire and plug over that time. You know, like the magic "split fires" that were good for 20hp and an extra couple miles per gallon..........yeah, right. Plugs and wires serve a very SIMPLE purpose.....remember that when reading all the hype.

Monte