Quote:

this is a 2 terminal "single" ballast that comes with the orange box MP kit correct? If not (4 terminal "dual" ballast) holler. You only need 1 ballast. post the pri ohms of the two you have along with the pri ohms of the coil you are using & I'll give my on the best one to use. run the blue ign1 run wire (switched 12V) to the upstream "input" side of the ballast & T from right there to the "point" of the ECU which is the hot power in. connect the other "downstream" end of the ballast to the coil positive primary. Run the brown ign2 "crank" wire to the same "downstream" end of the ballast.

Yes, both of the ballasts I've got in my enginge compartment are the 2 terminal 'single' ballasts. One is the original ballast, which still has the VR and wires coming from the ign switch hooked to it. The other was the one installed with the electronic ignition. The new one was installed pulling 'run' power from the output side of the original ballast and pulling 'crank' power from the yellow starter trigger wire.

Both ballasts are the same.

I just snipped the yellow wire and temporarily tapped into the brown "start" wire. I also, ran a jumper 12V wire to the 'run' side of the new ballast.

After turning the key on, I've got 10.7V from the upstream sides of both ballasts and 7.8V on the downstream sides. This is with the engine off and key turned to "on," or "run."

I'm pretty sure this'll work. Just curious if I could nix one of the ballasts and use a single ballast for both the charging circuit and the electronic ignition. Or will it overload the ballast?

Here is a picture of the two ballasts. you can see one on the right and one by the ECU.

Not sure how to test the ohms of the ballasts or the coil, but the coil is just a regular Chrysler coil, nothing special..

[