Quote:

Agreed it can't be 180 out, and have you verified no round cam lobes. Isn't this an ongoing problem from an earlier post?

I've been trouble shooting this for a little while. Unfortunately, my time's been taken up by other things. Go figure... I have not verified round cam lobes. What's the easiest way to do this? Pop the intake?

Quote:

Bad plug or plug wire. Accel pump (insufficient stream amount/duration). Possible vac leak as you noted. rotor phasing/reluctor gap issues

I don't think it's an accel pump problem since it happen when the rpms are brought up slowly. It usually happens around 1800-2000 rpm.

I actually had the distributor apart to limit the mech advance and noticed the reluctor wheel was off by about 1/4". The roll pin was gouged into the branze shaft collar. I've since corrected it and and the gap and it didn't make a difference. I haven't checked rotor phashing though. It's gotta be better than when the wheel was way off. Or maybe that's why whomever did it, did it???

All the plugs look fine. Should I go ahead and replace them? Maybe one at a time?

Other than replacing the plug wires, is there an easy way to test plug wires to find a bad one??