Alright guys, I'm getting closer. Upon further wiring inspection, here is what I found...

The yellow wire for the electronic ignition (cranking side) is pulling power from the starter relay trigger wire, which is a no-no (despite what the instruction sheet says.) This should pull 12V from the brown wire from the ignition switch.

The blue wire for the 'run' side of the electronic ignition ballast is pulling power from the output side of the existing original ballast resistor.

This means while the car is running, the power to the coil is running through the original ballast AND the new ballast for the electronic ignition. This also means the 12v supply to the ECU is being passed through the original ballast as well supplying it with only partial voltage.

So here are a couple other questions. Which one of the following should I do?

A) Snip the two messed up wires and route them correctly (the yellow going to the brown ignition 'start' wire, and the blue going to the 12v 'in' side of the original ballast. Or,

B) Pull the original ballast and use the new one for both the charging circuit and the electronic ignition?? Is this even possible???

Do the charging circuit and electronic ignition circuit use the same ohm ballast resistors? Do they require their own ballasts??

Thanks guys. I'm in the home stretch. It's amazing that this thing even ran!