Quote:

405 has a gimmick.It works.Non prepped concrete and they hook and go and you can only live in the 405.PT Barnum had the same business model.The show will only show them winning.Its about the number of viewers.I don't blame them for taking the money from Discovery and going with it.Do I think they can go and compete with what I think determines the fastest street car aka DragWeek NO.

This argument is OLD. Even the 405 guys themselves admit that they have NOTHING for a bunch of these cars on a prepped race TRACK. They make no secret about it. But on the street is obviously a different story.

As far as it being in the 405 only. Seems to me they have been to both Texas and California and taken care of business. And if you think these guys were not street racing long BEFORE this show, you would be sadly mistaken. How you think they got enough attention to garner a show in the first place.

And while is doesn't get a whole lot of play, LOTS of tracks in Texas, OK and other states are now having "No Prep" races. A car from the 405 generally wins these when they show up. They have learned how to make their cars go down a bad surface and that is "their" deal. So far nobody has been able to best them at it

Monte