Quote:

Quote:

I didn't know Lutz ran 217, I thought that was Tom Bailey's Camaro. Jeff didn't even finish drag week this year, but they made him out to be the king. Nothing against him, I think his car and the evil twin are awesome, but to flat out lie like that is just uncalled for.

These episodes were shot BEFORE last years Drag Week. Before Tom Bailey shattered the marks last year, Jeff Lutz' 57 WAS the quickest and fastest ever Drag Week car. He had been 6.90 @ 217. Reason I know, I was behind him putting him in the groove on that pass. Had a good look at it. So at the time of shooting, everything they said was true. As far as being "King" of Drag Week, that was just Chiefs opinion and he is entitled to it.

Now both Larry Larsen and Jeff Lutz are friends of mine, know both well. While Larry is likely the "REAL KING" of Drag Week, people love that 57 and after Larry winning 5 years in a row, Jeff and his car are VERY popular.

Flip was a great guy and I had done some work for him.....but, he had a long history of issues. NOT alcohol, NOT drugs, but a history of problems dealing with depression and serious mood swings. Just got the better of him one day

Monte

This wasn't after drag week? It thought it was october ish of 2013. The pics of Lutz 57 Towing the Murdernova and pics of Shawn Finks car were all over the midwest street cars facebook page around october november. I guess they could have held onto all of that stuff from the previous winter.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340