Quote:

Has anyone thought about running at a different track where they don't have or enforce all the BS rules?*?I can put a few more gallons of fuel in the truck and "Keep On Trucking" right passed tracks like that on my way to another! If Racers won't race at those kind of tracks,they have only 2 choices back of some of the BS rules or close the track either one works for me. "THINK ABOUT IT"

This is what I do. The only reason I ever got my cage cert'd and got my comp license was for the pump gas drags in Memphis. None of the tracks in the state of SC go by the rules. I think the only track in NC that goes by the rulebook is ZMax, but noone runs there anymore. ZMax is the only NHRA track around here. Everything else is either IHRA on not sanctioned.

To run mid 9s in my car, all I need is a helmet and single layer jacket. The jacket isn't required at my local track until you run faster than 6.50 in the 1/8. Most other tracks I run at don't care as long as you have a helmet...honestly, some of these little 1/8 mile tracks don't care if you have a helmet.

I let my cage cert expire, but I still have my comp license. It was a PITA to get, so I figure I'll keep it current.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax