Quote:

I decided to not go through the hassle of buying all new safety gear and the licensing process and expenses of running my new car in Super Po in excess of 9.99. I found out the hard way this past weekend that I can't have it run faster than 135 MPH also I ran the car last month at Woodburn and it accidentilly ran 9:23 at 143. MPH, I was playing with the adjustments on the delay box and throttle stop, I missed the mark a bunch on the fastest run I ran the car again at Woodburn this past weekend and ran 10:12 at 143.+ MPH, then 10:13 at 143.+ MPH with no changes other than time and running the other lane I changed the shift RPM from 6600 to 6800 RPM and that picked the car up to run 10:05 at 143.+ MPH. I was thinking I had everything figured out, first round I was not allow to race by the track management based on the car not being in certification and me not being licensed or having all the appropriate driving gear I tried to fight them on that but they where able to show me that rule in the rule book on running faster than 135.0 MPH being a trigger also I ended up trying to slow the car down on using the throttle stop a second time near the end of the run on Sunday, I turned it on a 9.0 seconds after releasing the trans. brake and never ran over 126.7 MPH on Sunday. I sure wish that NHRA would send us a rule book still, instead if having to go line or spend another $10.00 to get one Rant Off

Cab you are better than that. Nothing has changed in the rule books with respect to a given ET and MPH. If you exceed one, the other, or both; you have to accept the fact that you are too fast for "their defined rules and circumstances".

Once you can't accept the rules, it is time to move on to where the rules are different, or get a new hobby. I have moved on to enjoying the car more with less and still have the necessary combinations of parts to get me in trouble with the rules in sanctioned racing. There is always No-ET racing if you can find it.

Too many cars, too many parts, too little coin, too little space to work in, too little time left to make it all happen! Update: down to one ride, still too many parts, a little more jingle in the pocket, gaining space, and it's going to happen this year!