I worked HARD at trying to slow my car down so I could run in Sportsman this year. I am only doing this for this year mainly as a money saving effort, but also because I LOVE foot brake racing (I don't have a T-brake), and I LOVE to race 1/4 mile. Pro at my track is all 1/8 mile, and the only foot brake category is sportsman at my track.

Yes, my car will run 10.80's (6.8's in the 1/8) and I normally compete in Pro. It took a while, but I de-tuned my car to run 12.0x under full throttle. NO I'm not sandbagging....the guys that try to dial 12.00 with a low 11 second car and hold you by a fender usually go home first round. Here's what I did:

1. Removed secondaries.
2. Retard timing to 32°.
3. Installed super small restrictive air cleaner (I had it sitting on a shelf).
4. Short shift at 5200 RPM.
5. Added as much weight to the car as possible (safely).
6. Launch the car in second gear.

All that to loose ~ 1.2 seconds, but it is very consistent and it didn't cost me a dime to do it.

And no, I didn't switch classes because I sucked at driving. I have always finished in the top 10 in points (except for last year when I broke my rear end...hence, the trying to save money this year). I'm currently tied for 1st place in point in the Monster Mopar points (sportsman category), and 4th or 5th in points at my local track (because it took me the first 3 races to figure out how to slow my car down correctly).

For all you haters out there...flame on

67 Barracuda street car, 408, e85, 1.38 60', 6.44 @105.9 in the 1/8 mile, 10.19 @130.5 in the 1/4...so far....